This is a trend that you might not know about because it is a private moment between just the bride and groom.
We are talking about a private last dance. This is a scheduled last dance for only the newlyweds.
This is the way it works best:
1. Your coordinator will ask everyone to exit the building for your grand exit, including all staff and family.
2. The DJ will start the song you have previously chosen, and leave the room as well, but stay within hearing range and return at the end of the song. At this point in the night you will both probably be a little tipsy, and will love dancing to your song together.
3. Meanwhile, your coordinator will get everyone in place to for your Grand Exit. Most of the time the bride and groom are just waiting for their coordinator to get sparklers in the hands of your your 100 +, probably intoxicated, friends and family. While this is super entertaining to watch, it is not the best way to use the time you spent so much money and energy planning.
4. You will enjoy this (possibly first) moment alone as newlyweds. No cameras, no distractions, just the two of you.
5. When the song is over, your DJ will return to change the song and announce your exit! You will be whisked away to spend your lives together!!
So tell your coordinator that you want to add this into the timeline, you'll be so glad you did.